It doesn't matter if it's your first time or 10th time launching a new startup. Validating your idea is the fundamental tool that 'smarter' entrepreneurs use to propel them forward.
- Validate your idea
- It gives you confidence
- De-risks your investment
- Increases your chances of success
- Business is about making calculative risks (unless your Blitzscaling but that's for another day)
- Read this to learn how you can validate your idea effectively in 3 days
- Start off with the right mindset
- Avoid ideas (you'll end up chasing the greater idea)
- Start with a problem
- Lets say the problem you're looking to solve is 'helping pet owners find trusted vets'
- Assess whether you have a personal relationship with this problem
- Because it helps you see through to the end, if you actually have a connection with it
- How are you qualified to solve this problem?
- Prepare an incentive that's relevant to your potential customers. Eg. A set of dog toys, food etc.
- Find where your customers hang out. Eg. Dog parks, pet stores etc. Secondary: FB Groups, Forums, Twitter Hashtags.
- Start talking to customers
- This can be a long process
- Make sure you ask the right questions without leading answers
- Your goal is to:
- Understand the context of the customer
- Assess whether or not they already have a solution
- If they do, what can be improved?
- If they don't, what challenges do they face?
- Document the responses and topics the people care about
- Make sure you gather a form of contact method from them:
- Email or Mobile number
Day 3: Build your MVP
- Your goal is not to build the perfect product.
- The purpose of the MVP stage is to not fall in love with it
- Fall in love ith the problem and the customers.
- The solution will always change.
- How to prevent this, launch it quickly.
- There are plenty of no code solutions you can use - Webflow, Zapier, Google Sheets, Facebook Groups.
- Growth plays a signifcant part in a product's success.
- Spotify vs Rdio.
- Rdio failed to capture market dominance because it focused far too much energy on product and not growth initiatives.
- Growth is about strategically and rapidly testing ideas to find new avenues.
- Here are 3 examples of how we helped our client's gain crazy traction.
What’s a Rich Text element?
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
Static and dynamic content editing
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!\
How to customize formatting for each rich text
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.