Raw.Studio is a small and highly focused, product design studio in Sydney. When we say we work on exciting projects, we mean it. Our clientele ranges from househould startup names HeyYou, to Y-Combinator and TechStars backed startups like Snappr. Ontop of that, we also work with multi-billion dollar corporate enterprises like IAG. So if you’re looking for variety and a company that puts ‘design’ first, you’re on the right page.
Dropping a humble brag here because we can. You’ll be working with 2 highly, internationally recognised product designers. Michael Wong (also known as Mizko who previously ran his own studio) and Philippe Hong (who has led design teams and runs the official Sydney Designer’s Meetup). With the two of them combined, that’s nearly 20 years of hardcore product design experience. From building their own products and scaling them to 2M users, to working with some of the world’s leading and fastest growing companies. They’ve practically done everything under the ‘UX’ sky. So in short, you’ll learn a lot working closely with them.
As mentioned earlier, Michael Wong (Mizko) and Philippe Hong. You will also work closely with the clients directly. Raw.Studio has ambitious plans to continue to grow, so who will be our very first hire?
Raw.Studio spends 80% of the time working with external clients, 20% on internal products. That’s why it’s fun, dynamic and always interesting. No matter what type of project, you will be expected to:
• Lead user research and discovery activities
• Create and present wireframes, prototypes, user journeys, proto-personas, low-hi fidelity designs and linked prototypes
• Work on new, existing projects and stakeholder management
• Build websites with our favourite tool, Webflow
• Run lean UX workshops and instil design thinking, lean and agile practices with clients.
• Collaborating with various stakeholders (SME’s, product owners, developers, marketers, sales)
• Go beyond ‘UX’ responsibilities and think strategically about products in a business sense
• Strategise and workshop growth and forward thinking strategies with every product you work on
Learning and development: We understand the importance of learning and continuous growth. You will have the opportunity to learn directly from the founders themselves. You will also be encouraged to venture out and try new things on your own. We embrace strategic failure and experimentation!
Variety: As a product studio, you will have the opportunity to work across multiple projects. From external to internal. You will be able to exercise many different skillsets.
Growth: We have big dreams and ambitions. We are always looking for creatives who want to develop their careers as people leaders and senior advisors in the team. Grow with us.
• A portfolio is a must. No portfolio = no interview.
• A passion for problem solving, UX and thinking strategically
• An attitude that embraces failures, wanting to learn and being proactive
• Having an outcomes first mindset
• Experience with stakeholder management
• Experience in UI/UX design - years don’t matter. Passion and results do though!
• Living in Australia/NZ
• Built side projects: Actions speak louder than words. Show us how passionate you really are.
• Side hustles: Whether that’s running an e-commerce store, building your personal brand or even door knocking to sell lollipops. Show us what you’re made of!
• We've authored our own web design book
• We've been invited to present at AdobeMAX
• We built and run the largest UI inspiration website (UI Garage)
• We also run Australia's largest design meetup; Sydney Designers
• We mentor UX graduates from Academy Xi